August 3, 2009

Greetings

Initially, I started my BJJ blog in Turkish... but after some consideration I've decided posting in English might be better for now. I found out that trying to translate the terms to Turkish is hard and after all your effort, you end up with a weird mix of half Turkish and half English. It feels like a badly translated text.

Also, even though this will mostly be a "training log" sort of blog, I'm hoping to get some input from the readers in future... and at the moment (as far as i know) "BJJ scene" is quite small, and most of them have a good understanding of english anyway.

So, here we go...

(ps : Over the week I'll be moving my old posts here and translating them to turkish. And then I'll start making new posts.)

2 comments:

  1. Cool - don't many other Turks training BJJ, so nice to see more of us blogging. Although 'us' in that sense is a little tenuous, as despite my Turkish father, my command of the language continues to be awful. I can manage "nasilsiniz" (hmm, special characters won't c&p), but that's about as good as it gets.

    Looking forward to reading the rest of the blog, maybe even improving my Turkish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, slideyfoot. (Phew, first comment! And I now have 2 visitors in total, hehe.) I've been following your blog for a while now - it's been really helpful-.

    And I'm looking forward to your (and other readers' of course) input. Please, feel free to point out any mistake I make and I'm pretty sure there will be some along the way. :D

    ReplyDelete

 

White Belt © 2008. Templates Zone :: Converted by Blogger Template | Wordpress and Blogger Template